My kids have been back to school for only a few weeks and they’re already complaining that breakfast is so boring. Luckily, my frequent contributor, Holly Clegg, has come to the rescue with her Kid Friendly Surprise Rolls. Since it only has five ingredients, your kids can make these up first thing in the morning.
They’re so delicious that maybe they can entice my youngest – my daughter, Lucie – to eat breakfast. Since she has lunch at 10:30 am now, she’s skipping breakfast except for a glass of juice. I can’t blame her a bit as 10:30 is too early even for a mid-morning snack!
Kid friendly five ingredient recipes
Kids are back to school and parents everywhere are scrambling to find the perfect snacks and breakfast to fill their yummy without filling up their time! These Surprise Rolls are the perfect quick and easy solution to snack times and play dates.
My youngest daughter’s standard breakfast when friends spent the night can be a fun project for everyone. When she was young, I would help her put the rolls together and as she got older, she would make them herself.
Surprise Breakfast Sweet Rolls
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) can reduced- fat crescent dinner rolls
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Coat 8 muffin cups in nonstick muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or paper liners.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl. Dip each marshmallow in melted butter, roll in sugar mixture.
- Separate crescent dough into triangles. Wrap one triangle around each marshmallow, pinch dough together. Place each one in muffin tin. If there is any extra butter, drizzle over top of rolls.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 2 rolls
- Calories: 168
- Calories from Fat: 67 (40%)
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Unsaturated fat: 6g
- Sodium: 276mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0.5 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Picture and recipe used with permission of author.