I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Stephanie Izard a few times like at the Common Threads cooking event. She always impresses me in that her recipes are healthy, easy to make and delicious
Pay attention to how Stephanie cuts the cauliflower so it cooks evenly.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half and cut out most of the stem. Slice the florets into ¼ inch slices.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat with the butter and oil. Sauté until the cauliflower releases much of its liquid and begins to brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to sauté for an additional 10 minutes, tossing often.
- Cook the florets until they are just tender. Add the salt and pepper and adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories from Fat 59
Total Fat 6.6g
Saturated Fat 3.8g
Total Carbohydrates 2.5g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 34%
Weight Watchers POINTS = 2